Why Home-Prepared Dog Food?
At the heart of a happy, healthy life for all creatures is food, but the dog diet has gotten short shrift. We started preparing food for our dogs at home because…
- Everyone should enjoy food. We think our dogs should taste the flavors and textures of real food, because it is one of life’s most enjoyable experiences.
- A varied diet is best. It is important for enjoyment and health to vary the foods we feed all members of our families.
- Eco-Awareness. It’s up to all of us to care for our planet by being resourceful and using all parts of the foods we buy.
- Read More About: The History of Kibble, The Politics of Production, and The Science of Dog Nutrition.
4 Recipe Guidelines
Supplementing a dog’s main diet of commercial dog food can be easy and sustainable – even fun! Every one of our recipes is guided by these 4 principles:
- Healthy: we feed our dogs a varied diet of animal protein complemented with whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- Budget-Friendly: with a little thought, and by using whole ingredients, we are able to create inexpensive meals for the whole family.
- Easy to Prepare: Our meals for the pups are always simple, though we sometimes spice it up a bit for the rest of the family.
- Not Wasteful: By choosing foods whose constituent parts can all be enjoyed by either dog or human, our recipes leave zero-to-no waste.